Monday, March 16, 2009

Lent Day 20

I once heard a good sermon from a priest who said instead of giving up something for Lent, he is TAKING up something, and suggested that others can do the same.

I guess that is what I am trying to do by taking up this blog.

There are also other ways of fasting...
Fast from judging others and feast on The Holy Spirit dwelling in them, just as He dwells in you.
Fast from words that pollute and feast on speech that purifies.
Fast from discontent and feast on gratitude.
Fast from anger and feast on patience.
Fast from pessimism and feast on optimism.
Fast from grudges and feast on forgiveness.
Fast from self-concern and feast on compassion.
Fast from suspicion and feast on trust.
Fast from gossip and feast on purposeful silence.
Fast from problems and feast on soothing prayer.
Fast from worry and feast on faith.
Fast from fear of illness and feast on the healing power of God.